Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our loop "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus"

I have decided to go a different direction with this blog. I am going to talk about Art and the Church still. I am reading a lot of things that are shaping a lot of things I have thought for a long time. I am being vague. But let's talk about a song that totally worked on sunday at our church in Fairmont WV.

Here is our arrangement for "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus." I made this with Pro Tools and my Yamaha mo6 workstation.

The loop is here

We do 5 verses. "I have decided to follow Jesus" verse twice. Then the verse "though none go with me, still I will follow" Then verse 4 is "The cross before me the world behind me."

The last verse is "I have decided to follow Jesus."

The loop is 68 BPM. The chords are |E|E|A|A|C#m|C#m|E B|A|A| repeat.

Intro: two bars of loop
Verse 1: loop, vox, & ag
Verse 2: add bass whole notes and cymbals
Verse 3: add drums kick and snare on beat 4 and the last two bars build to full on, add all other instruments.
Verse 4: full on
Verse 5: ag and vox.

This arrangement seemed to work great. I love this song, and don't think it is a children song but a song for Worship. I hope you can use it.

Cheers.

No comments: